Marriage License Information
A marriage license may be obtained in any county in the state of Oregon and will be valid in all counties. It is the responsibility of the bride and groom to obtain the marriage license.
Just a little planning is necessary to obtain your license. The following is the information needed if you’d like to obtain your license in our county, Tillamook County:
The County Clerk’s office is located in the Tillamook County Courthouse, 201 Laurel Ave., Tillamook, Oregon 97141 503-842-3402
Open Monday-Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm
Prior to ceremony, both the Groom and Bride must appear together.
You will need to:
- Be at least 18 years of age (or 17 if accompanied by parent who signs a consent form)
- Each show driver’s license or other photo ID card for identification
- Pay the marriage license fee of $50 in cash or money order
Other important information:
- There is a 3 day waiting period before marriage license becomes effective. However, the waiting period can be waived by filling out a separate form and paying an extra $10 fee, making the license effective immediately.
- The license is valid for 60 days and no blood tests are needed
- The license can be used in any county in the state of Oregon
- The application process takes approximately 15 minutes
- After your ceremony you may obtain a certified copy of your marriage license you will need if you are going to change your name. The copy fee is $7.75
Apply for Your License by Mail:
Especially convenient for those couples who live out of state and will be arriving in Oregon very close to their wedding date! Washington County will issue a marriage license through the mail. This license will be official in any county in the state of Oregon. You must give the county plenty of time to complete this process, so don’t wait until the last minute
Licenses By Mail
To obtain a marriage license by mail, please send a self-addressed stamped envelope to:
Washington County Recording Office
Public Services Building MS #9 155 N. First Ave. Room 130
Hillsboro, OR 97124
- Phone: (503) 846-8741
An application will be mailed to you with instructions on how to fill it out. On approval of your application, which is normally within 3 days of receipt, they will send your license to you. The application is not valid until issued by the clerk’s office.