Marriage License Information
A marriage license may be obtained in any county in the state of Oregon and will be valid in all counties. It is the responsibility of the bride and groom to obtain the marriage license.
Just a little planning is necessary to obtain your license. The following is the information needed if you’d like to obtain your license in our county, Tillamook County:
The County Clerk’s office is located in the Tillamook County Courthouse, 201 Laurel Ave., Tillamook, Oregon 97141 503-842-3402
Open Monday-Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm
Prior to ceremony, both the Groom and Bride must appear together.
You will need to:
- Be at least 18 years of age (or 17 if accompanied by parent who signs a consent form)
- Each show driver’s license or other photo ID card for identification
- Pay the marriage license fee of $50 in cash or money order
Other important information:
- There is a 3 day waiting period before marriage license becomes effective. However, the waiting period can be waived by filling out a separate form and paying an extra $10 fee, making the license effective immediately.
- The license is valid for 60 days and no blood tests are needed
- The license can be used in any county in the state of Oregon
- The application process takes approximately 15 minutes
- After your ceremony you may obtain a certified copy of your marriage license you will need if you are going to change your name. The copy fee is $7.75